The March 23, 1914, General Pedro Justo Berrio, as president of the Departmental Assembly of Antioquia, signed Ordinance No. 11, by means of which was added and amended Ordinance No. 21 of 1911 on Education for Agriculture and veterinary, which, for various reasons, had not been fulfilled. This document laid the groundwork for the creation of the School of Tropical Agriculture and Veterinary, Medellin or surroundings. However, the ordinance was fulfilled only from October 10, 1916, the date on which academic work began at the site named Fontidueño, municipality of Bello.

Decree No. 79 of September 20, 1916, regulating that created the School Ordinance states in its Article 1: "The School of Tropical Agriculture and Veterinary, will aim to provide young people who enroll in it, knowledge and skills that put them in exercise capacity as heads of crops and spreading agricultural industry in all its branches on technical grounds, to ward off crop empirical procedures have both contributed to the impoverishment of our soil. "to accomplish this ambitious task, was appointed Dr. Eduardo Zuleta Gaviria.
As the country lacked technical, qualified teachers were brought to the United States, Puerto Rico, Cuba, France and Germany.
On April 28, 1918 were approved Ordinance No. 30, through which the School was reorganized and established a complete course of Agriculture and Veterinary four years of study, to confer the Diploma of Veterinary Agronomist. Also authorized the Board to invest in the same school, which recaudasen monies from the sale of products and services.
In March 1919, Dr. Eduardo Zuleta Gaviria retired by not getting a financial help requested. His replacement was named Dr. Juan Esteban Angel, who took office on 14 March.
The economic difficulties of the moment, made the school moved to the city of Medellin, but practices were made in Fontidueño field, where he traveled twice a week. About this time came to Medellin to provide their services as teachers of the School, Dr. Luis Tabares Clarence, Jamaica veterinarian and Mr. Goffin, Belgian agronomist.
Also got the services of Dr. Crespengher, who had been working as a professor at the School of Mines and Departmental Head of Chemical Laboratory.
The administration of Dr. Juan Esteban Angel remained until September 10, 1920, date on which he was appointed as Deputy Director Dr. Hannibal Cuartas, attorney who handled the address until July 22, 1921, when he made the appointment property.
In 1922, finished his studies nine ninety-two students enrolled in 1916, who the following year received his diploma of Agricultural Veterinary, after the presentation of preliminary tests on some of the subjects covered during the four school years. The elapsed time of six years between 1916 and the date of completion of the first graduates was because the school had interruptions for budgetary reasons.
Dr. Hannibal Cuartas retired from office in January 1923. On this date back as interim Dr. Juan Esteban Angel, until 1 February 1923, date on which he took over the management of the School, General Mariano Ospina Vásquez.
General Ospina's administration lasted until March 1924 and was commissioned to succeed him as Chief Veterinary agronomist Luis Gallego Francisco Montaño, graduated in the first class of the School, who was performing the Branch since February 1923.
In September 1924, he was appointed to the Directorate, Dr. Luis Felipe Osorio, but to retire in December of that year, it fell again to Dr. Francisco Luis Gallego Montaño take charge of the school until the following April, when the which took over Dr. Jose Maria Isaza Masses.